- Type and scope of electronic services
- Conditions for the provision and conclusion of contracts for the provision of electronic services
- Payment Methods
- Order fulfillment time
- Complaint procedure
- Withdrawal from the contract
- Intellectual Property
- Final Provisions
1. GENERAL PROVISIONS
- The wineland.com website operates on the terms set out in these Regulations.
- The Regulations specify the types and scope of services provided electronically by the vinoland.com Website, the rules for the provision of these services, the conditions for concluding and terminating contracts for the provision of electronic services, as well as the complaint procedure.
- Each Customer, upon taking steps to use the Electronic Services of the vinoland.com Website, is obliged to comply with the provisions of these Regulations.
- In matters not covered by these Regulations, the provisions apply
- Act on the provision of electronic services of July 18, 2002 (Journal of Laws No. 144, item 1204, as amended),
- Act on consumer rights of 30 May 2014 (Journal of Laws of 2014, item 827),
- Acts of the Civil Code of April 23, 1964 (Journal of Laws No. 16, item 93, as amended) and other relevant provisions of Polish law.
- CONTACT FORM – a form available on the vinoland.com Website enabling the Customer to contact the Service Provider directly.
- REGULATIONS – these regulations of the Website.
- SERVICE PROVIDER – Hubert Sochacki performing a business activity under the name Winoland Hubert Sochacki, registered office address: ul. Łubinowa 4, 03-878 Warsaw, address for service: , NIP: 1251618488, REGON: 146338697, entered into the Central Register and Information on Economic Activity, e-mail address: email@example.com, phone: +48 22 786 53 94.
- SERVICE RECIPIENT – a natural person, legal person or an organizational unit without legal personality, which the law grants legal capacity using the Electronic Service.
- ELECTRONIC SERVICE – a service provided electronically by the Service Provider to the Service Recipient via the Website.
3. TYPE AND SCOPE OF ELECTRONIC SERVICES
- The Service Provider enables the use of Electronic Services via the Website, such as:
- using the Contact Form,
- The provision of Electronic Services to the Service Recipients takes place under the conditions set out in the Regulations.
4. CONDITIONS FOR THE PROVISION AND CONCLUSION OF AGREEMENTS FOR THE PROVISION OF ELECTRONIC SERVICES
- Provision of Electronic Services specified in Chapter III point 1 of the Regulations by the Service Provider is free of charge.
- The period for which the contract is concluded:
- the contract for the provision of Electronic Services consisting in enabling the sending of messages via the Contact Form is concluded for a definite period of time and terminates when the message is sent or the Service Recipient ceases to send it.
- Technical requirements necessary for cooperation with the ICT system used by the Service Provider:
- a computer with Internet access,
- email access,
- web browser,
- The Service Recipient is obliged to use the Website in a manner consistent with the law and morality, taking into account respect for personal rights and intellectual property rights of third parties.
- The Customer is obliged to enter data consistent with the facts.
- The Customer is prohibited from providing illegal content.
5. PAYMENT METHODS
The Buyer pays the price for the ordered Goods, including delivery costs, at his choice:
- “cash on delivery” to the forwarder of the courier company at the place of delivery,
- by bank transfer, via electronic payment carried out in the eservice payment system before delivery. If the Buyer chooses the payment method in the form of a prepayment, failure to receive the payment to the account of vinoland.com or intermediaries in the transaction (service) within 2 days of placing the order will result in the cancellation of the order. In such a situation, you can re-order and choose a different payment method. The execution of the order paid by bank transfer or credit card begins after receipt of the payment for the goods,
- by bank transfer from your own account directly to the account of vinolandu
6. ORDER PROCESSING TIME
The delivery of goods takes place under the following conditions:
- The goods are delivered to the address indicated by the Buyer in the order. The estimated date of delivery of the Goods is specified in the order summary, before the Buyer confirms the order by using the “Order and pay” button.
- The expected delivery time to the Buyer when choosing a courier shipment is 1 working day from the day following the shipment. The total and maximum order completion time should not exceed 7 working days, and in any case shall not exceed 20 days from the date of conclusion of the sales contract. The commencement of the order may be delayed until the amount of the sale price (and possible shipping costs) is credited to the Store’s bank account, if the Buyer selects the form of payment as an online prepayment (i.e. via eService or a regular online transfer).</ li>
- The goods are delivered to the indicated address in the territory of the Republic of Poland by InPost courier company. Product delivery charges are provided during the ordering process.
- The delivering courier is required to verify the age of the buyer/receiving person. The buyer/collector must be of legal age.
Product year – NOTE
The product data shows its APPROXIMATE year. Because our products rotate, it sometimes happens that the given year does not correspond to the year of the product that is available on our website. If the Ordering Party wants a specific year, he should add the year he wants in the form. Otherwise, the reservation will be made with the currently available year.
7. PROCEDURE FOR COMPLAINTS
Complaints related to the provision of Electronic Services by the Service Provider:
- Complaints related to the provision of Electronic Services via the Website may be submitted by the Customer via e-mail to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- In the above e-mail, please provide as much information and circumstances regarding the subject of the complaint as possible, in particular the type and date of the irregularity and contact details. The information provided will greatly facilitate and accelerate the consideration of the complaint by the Service Provider.
- The Service Provider’s consideration of the complaint takes place immediately, no later than within 14 days.
- The Service Provider’s response to the complaint is sent to the Customer’s e-mail address provided in the complaint or in another manner provided by the Customer.
The buyer has the right to withdraw from the contract (return of the ordered goods) within 14 (fourteen) days without giving any reason. The right to withdraw from the contract (return of ordered goods) expires after 14 (fourteen) days from the date of delivery of the goods. In order to exercise the right to withdraw from the contract, the Buyer must inform the Seller of his decision to withdraw from the contract by an unequivocal statement in writing sent by post or e-mail to the Seller’s addresses provided in the Regulations. In order to meet the withdrawal deadline, it is enough for the Buyer to send a letter before the expiry of the withdrawal period. In the event of withdrawal from the contract (return of ordered goods), the Seller returns all payments received from the Buyer no later than 14 days from the date on which the Seller was informed about the Buyer’s decision to exercise the right to withdraw from this contract. The consumer does not incur any fees in connection with this return. The seller may withhold the refund until receipt of the goods. The goods should be returned or delivered to the Seller’s address no later than 21 days from the date on which the Buyer informed the Seller about the withdrawal from the contract.
WITHDRAWAL FORM (To be completed and returned only if you wish to withdraw from the contract)
st. Łubinowa 4, 03-878 Warsaw
I, …………………………, hereby inform about my withdrawal from the contract of sale of the following items:
Date of receipt:
Signature (only if the form is submitted on paper)
9. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
- All content posted on the website at vinoland.com is protected by copyright and is the property of winland.com. The Service Recipient is fully liable for any damage caused to the Service Provider, resulting from the use of any content on the winland.com website without the consent of the Service Provider.</ li>
- Any use by anyone, without the express written consent of the Service Provider, of any of the elements that make up the content and content of the vinoland.com website constitutes a violation of the Service Provider’s copyright and results in civil and criminal liability.
10. FINAL PROVISIONS
- Agreements concluded via the Website are concluded in accordance with Polish law.
- In the event of non-compliance of any part of the Regulations with applicable law, the relevant provisions of Polish law shall apply in place of the challenged provision of the Regulations.